Caption this!
I think she's saying "BRING ON SPRING!"
It's been a while since I've posted I know.. Well frankly I haven't been busy with photoshoots and haven't sat still long enough to write anything.. The winter has been waaay too long and I'm so ready for spring I think I might just go start shoveling the snow out of my yard. Anyhoo,I'm feeling pensive,chatty, creative, and in the mood to share so welcome to my world today! ;) Weehaw!!
I'm most excited to share my beautiful baby chicks from McMurray Hatchery with you! They are eleven days old now and were plenty alert for their newborn photoshoot!
( Yep this is what I do in my spare time and when I'm not taking pictures of people.. I pose and style baby chicks ;) Oh and food ha! My new obsession.. but more on that in another post)
So check out the new 'City Chicks'..
I'm still picking baby names and welcome your input.:)


This one is a Silver Gray Dorking.. I think.. So hard to tell just yet. Not sure of the sex but I'm thinking female. A sweet, quiet litle one. Love her! 'Bristol'..
This one is a Silver Sebright I think. No name yet..
A Dominique.. She's a girl and I'm calling her 'Anastasia'
This one could very well be my Silver Spangled Hamburg.. She is snappy, alert, cheerful and absolutely gorgeous! But she could be a Salmon Faverolles... so confused. I hope a chicken person reads this ;). Having an identity crisis here..
I'm calling her 'Jenny'. Isn't she wild!
LOVE this one for it's photogenic qualities and absolute cooperation. Pretty sure it's a Black Australorp. 'Fabian'

This chick has star quality! 'Lola' is her name. Showgirl ;)

This bantam chick is a Mille Fleur Belgian Bearded d'Uccle.. Unique and fabulous. Will grow to be stunningly GORGEOUS! 'Mille'...
This little guy is a B.B. Red Old English Game Bantam. He's a cutie but I'm already confident he's a rooster with an attitude. 'Richard'..
This chick is a White Silkie. It's a bantam so it will stay small. Fluffy little cotton ball! No name..
And for fun here are some random picks for Easter fun and for getting in the spring spirit! Which, by the way really is just around the corner ;).
So my new found joy is juicing.. yes I drink the crazy elixers almost daily..(I'll get in to that in another post as well ;)) Here is a recipe for a carrot ginger juice.. you know, carrots.. bunnies.. Easter? Get it?? he he Hey I try ;)And by the way carrots kick ass with beta-carotene and are a phytonutrient which helps your body fight free radicals and diseases that threaten your health on a daily basis! So drink it damn it! Just kidding. ;)
6 carrots, 1 inch of ginger root, 1 lemon,and 2 oranges. Yumm!! You can add a dash of cayenne pepper for some zing! C'mon its good for you!!

And for your Easter egg coloring urges this link will give you tips on using ntural dyes.
Here are some we did..
I'll end this post with a couple of pictures of my greenhouse. I'm planning a large garden this year and am anxious to get going on it. Here is what's growing so far.. cherry tomatoes, red peppers, basil, cilantro, lettuce,collard, brocoli, watermelon, bush beans, cukes..just a start.
HAPPY SPRING!!
~Wendy
















No comments:
Post a Comment